Blog Description

These are the ramblings of just one person on this overly populated planet. She has some free time, and has decided to "blog." Prepare to roll your eyes and waste completely useful seconds of your life!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Suica Card vs Japan Rail Pass

For those of my non-existent readers that don't know, my future hubby and I are planning a honeymoon to Japan!  Specifically, Tokyo- which has started an endless hunt for information.  Turns out you need a rail pass, unless you rent a car (and there is now way in hell I'm driving in Japan), or Walk.  We will do plenty of walking, but we still need this rail pass.  And guess how many types of passes there are?  Several, but I'm too lazy to mention the unimportant ones.
The two that concern any visitor are the Japan Rail Pass, which will let you go about anywhere, & HAS TO BE PURCHASED BEFORE ENTERING THE COUNTRY.  (See how important that piece of info is?)  And the second card is the Suica!  Which allows you to travel most any train line within Tokyo-mostly via the JR East.  This little pre-paid wonder can be purchased right off the plane.
Why the seemingly random post on this?  Because I've been confused on when to buy the Suica card since the start if my planning!  My travel agent insists that we need to purchase a Japan Rail Pass beforehand, & my dumb butt assumed it was the same as the suica card I've learned about via Youtube.  Lovely.  So in case someone stumbles across this blog in search if info on travelling to Japan, I've done my part to help.  So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment