Blog Description

These are the ramblings of just one person on this overly populated planet. She has some free time, and has decided to "blog." Prepare to roll your eyes and waste completely useful seconds of your life!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

2011 CREATING KEEPSAKES CONVENTION!!!

It came...it went...it rocked my world!!!!


Hello, non-existent readers!  Sorry for taking so long to post about my long awaited trip to Charlotte, NC for the CKC, but I had a pet emergency!  My poor baby Gordo developed a nasty ear infection, and needed my attention!

The Creating Keepsakes Convention was actually a two day thing, but I couldn't go because of work & money!  I met up with a couple of gal pals friday night, and we got a chance to scrap away!  It was awesome!  EARLY saturday morning I got up, and went to my mom's place to pick her up.  She was actually ready and waiting to go!!!  (She usually sleeps til noon- ah, the life of a housewife!)  Anyway, I dropped the ball by forgetting to print the convention coupons Shiny Gal sent me!  No fear, Sparkly Gal took mini-Sparkly Gal to McDonalds for breakfast, so total score there!

Mom & Me!  Are my poof balls crooked?  I think they are...
It takes about an hour and a half to get to Charlotte, so it wasn't a bad ride.  My butt was asleep, but I made it!!  We pulled into the parking lot, and you could feel the excitement!!!!
There was an older gentleman that was nice enough to take our picture!  From left to right:  
Mom, me(Shimmery Gal) , Shiny Gal, Sparkly Gal, and mini-Sparkly Gal!

I usually take classes, but with the wedding, honeymoon, Christmas, and DragonCon, I thought I would be better to skip them this year.  Next year we plan to go for both days, AND take classes!

FYI:  I might split this post into several smaller posts because of all the pictures!!!

Okay, this is actually a shot of mom as we are leaving the con, but it's the sign!!!

From the observation window, into the dealers room!!

EEEIII the excitement!  Hundreds of women (and a few men too!) running around, trying new products, spending money, and trying to keep their eyes in their sockets!  "So pretty!!!  Must...not...steal...!"  I try to stick with a small list of things to look for, so I don't go broke.  Yikes, did I overspend!!!  Wonder if the other Glitter, Glue, and Gab girls did the same?

My To-Get List:
  • steampunk gears for wedding invites & J-Baby's steampunk outfit
  • ball point glue pen for fine glitter decorations!
  • lacquer glue


Crossing our fingers to win at the drawing!  Must win scrapbooking supplies!!

This year I also went to the Stamping Convention and my mom is still convinced I'm lucky, because I won like 100 scrap bucks.  LOL

Make and takes!!  These are so fun!  Like a mini-class for free!!! 

At the first make and take, mom and I made these cute little cards.  It inspired us to buy the little shredder/distresser machine, foam tape (similiar to pop-up dots), and this wide tip glue stick that my mom liked.  Must scan or take a picture of that make and take!

Another cute make & take!

The second make and take showed off a scalloped punch (already own) and two die cuts which I might hunt down later.  The stocking is actually a stamp & its bits are from a die cut.  the white tag itself is also a die cut.  Very cute!

Can you tell how excited I am?!

One great thing about the convention is that they  have free product demos.  My mom fell in love with this sticky paper and laquer stuff, and of course, we had to get her the fine glitter!  Crap, must take pictures of her upcoming projects with them!  Anyways, about four hours later, we were starving...

Hmm...I don't think mom is having a good time...
 
 Okay, just had to post this funny picture up!  Nobody is mad, it's just that mini-Sparkly said something funny/weird at that exact moment!  *snicker*

Oh wow, this is a long post.  I'm going to break it up into two or three more, so no worries people!

No comments:

Post a Comment