Blog Description

These are the ramblings of just one person on this overly populated planet. She has some free time, and has decided to "blog." Prepare to roll your eyes and waste completely useful seconds of your life!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Awesomeness from J-Baby!

Look!  My new sewing machine of awesomeness!!!!!!

As you well know, Dragoncon is less than seventeen days away, and we are running out of time!  J-baby NEVER cosplays or dresses up in any manner, so when he said he'd dress steampunk for dragoncon...well, happy doesn't even cover it!  We have been running things to goodwill for months now (the BEST way to rid yourself of clutter) and each time we run in to see if we can find cloths for our outfits.  Josh found these amazing boots already!

Anyway, I found this awesome image online for a steampunk utility belt thing.  Here is the inspiration:  I MUST find this guy and thank him for his awesomeness!

J-baby liked it too, so I got some leather? ($5 lady's tacky skirt) and started trying to sew...using my grandmother's EVIL ANCIENT POS machine.  That thing hates me.  And all the directions I was given were in spanish, AND didn't cover the evil little bobbet holder refusing to work!  So I was a little upset I couldn't make J-Baby the utility belt.

Well, every sunday he goes off to do the grocery shopping with his sister, and he was sneaky & super sweet when he came back with a new sewing machine!!!!  It's so sleek and has an automatic threader!!!!!  I love J-baby so much!!!  Now I can make the utility belt & i promise to post pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment