Blog Description

These are the ramblings of just one person on this overly populated planet. She has some free time, and has decided to "blog." Prepare to roll your eyes and waste completely useful seconds of your life!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Passport DENIED!!!

Ok, so it wasn't exactly denied, just delayed a little.  See, I submitted my passport application with my birth certificate, only to find out that the certificate they require is the LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE.  As in, the same stupid piece of paper the Republicans required of President Obama.  Yes, very funny- I can hear my fiance laughing at me.  The whole situation is funny to him-not me.  So the U.S. Department of State sends me a letter telling me why they are denying me my passport, and how to get the problem resolved.  Which is to get a certified copy of the long form, or the original from Texas- which is wear I was born.  On some little military base.  That I can NEVER remember the name of!  GRRRRR

So my first thought is, "Cool!  I can do this online!"  WRONG!  For some stupid reason, my home internet won't log onto their site, AND the lady I called gave me a little attitude.  She gave me another site to do it from, but for some reason, they couldn't verify my identity (WHY THE HELL NOT?!)  I'm over it.  So I print out the form, fill it out, PAY $22 to get a certified legal copy of my long form thing, and mail it off to the Texas birth records people.  Overnight FEDEX.  Because it's THAT SERIOUS.  I will be waiting on pins and needles til it is sent back, because I need to give the U.S. Department the new certificate before the 90 days is up, or it will be completely denied, and I won't get my passport, and I won't be able to go to Japan!!!

The lesson from my little rant:  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LONG FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHEN APPLYING FOR A PASSPORT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment