Blog Description

These are the ramblings of just one person on this overly populated planet. She has some free time, and has decided to "blog." Prepare to roll your eyes and waste completely useful seconds of your life!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DragonCon 2011 Fri., Sept.2, Day 1 cont.

Right after the True Blood panel, J-baby and I jumped back in line for the Being Human panel.  It just happened to be in the same room in the Marriot, so we didn't get lost looking for it!  It was a Q&A with Meaghan Rath (the lovely ghost Sally), and Sam Huntington (the adorkable werewolf Josh).  Sam Witwer (Aiden the vampire) couldn't make it.

Look how close we are to the speakers!  Ouchy!!

Huntington leaps onto the stage!
GAA stupid flash!
It was really a fun panel to watch!  Miss Rath shared her own fangirl moment when she confessed her SQUEE-ness at being in an elevator with Jim Parrack (Hoyt from True Blood).

It was a great panel!  Can't wait til next season!!!  Okay, and now for more random photos!!  Thankfully, DragonCon had this awesome app for us to figure out when to chill and when to run to a panel.  After the Being Human panel, it was chill time!

The Sith
Um....orange chaps...
Oh Darth....
Oh yeah, did I mention the Vampire Food Drive?  Actually, it was a blood drive, but each year they give out t-shirts and J-baby said the shirt wasn't free if you had to give up blood.  Heehee.  Anyways, I'll take a pic of the shirt asap to post it up here.  They asked the weirdest questions, and I had to call my parents for a few of the answers!  Didn't know living in Germany for a few years was a red flag!!!  Weird!



My blood!

The Sailor Scouts give blood!
J-baby enjoying the Voyager panel
 After the blood drive, J-baby and I jumped in line for the Voyager - 70,000 Light Years Away panel.  Holy cow it was funny!  And a HUGE plus was that we met the Trek Track Director, Garrett Wang (aka the adorable Ensign Harry Kim) while wandering around the convention the next day.  I admit, I totally fanboy-ed him.  *sigh*  But he was really down to earth and was sweet and took our emails.  Guess to send us promotions for a company he and his buddy Eddie Turner are doing.  I mentioned wanting Star Trek onesies for our future babies, and he said they would be designing some in future!  Cool!  Ok, have to link that site:  www.COSMIC-CITY.com  It truly made my con.

Garrett Wang!!!!!
Ensign Paris, Captain Janeway, & Ensign Kim
Ok, this was awesome!  The panel had Robert Duncan McNeill (that rascal, Ensign Tom Paris), Garrett Wang (duh!), and the wonderful Kate Mulgrew (the first EVER female CAPTAIN, Kathryn Janeway!!!)  Ok, now that I see how that is spelled, I would totally name a little girl that.  Wow-I dork myself out....

This must have been my fav panel.  At one point, McNeill dropped to do push ups because one fan asking questions was RIPPED.  Holy cow, it wasn't a nice six pack!  Why didn't I take a picture?!


Ok, more later, non-existent folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment